Niavaran cultural historical complex in the north of Tehran, belonged to the Qajar and Pahlavi’s eras, is located in a large garden that enjoys the beauty and charm of the amazing architecture, nature and history.
Firstly, Niavaran complex was designed as a place for welcome of the royal and high ranking guests of the court but it was allocated to the place of accommodation of Mohammad Reza Pahlavi and his family through some changes during its construction.
Mohsen Foroughi has designed this building inspired by the Iranian architecture and combination of art styles of before and after Islam. This palace has two main floors and a half floor in the middle of them in a modern style. This palace was conquered by the revolutionary forces in 1357 and surrendered by the ministry of culture and Islamic guidance in 1360.
Niavaran palace museum opened for the first time in 1365 and in addition to old monument, works of contemporary artists of Iran and all around the world keep there. There are various decorations, paintings, valuable carpets and numerous gifts from different countries in the Niavaran palace. Currently, The palace area includes Niavaran exclusive palace, royal textiles and clothing museum, Sahebgharanieh palace and Hoz-khane museum, Ahmad Shahi palace, Jahan Nama' museum, exclusive library, exclusive cars museum of Niavaran palace, exclusive school, inscriptions, garden and greenhouses.