Fadhil Al Iraqi’s Mansion EndowmentTehran
Having a remarkable and graceful architecture, there is a mansion somewhere in Tehran that many years have passed since it was made; a mansion called Fadhil Al Iraqi’s Mansion Endowment.
In the southwest of Ferdowsi square, there is Pars street which connects Enghelab Street to Nofel Loshato St. the Mansion can be found here. To reach Ferdowsi square, taxi or bus can be used and there is a short distance from square to Pars street. Also, after using line 4 of the metro, one can walk to Pars street. If someone likes to drive there, he can turn to the Pars street from Enghelab street and then search for a parking lot.
As the name of the mansion shows, it belongs to Fadhil Al Iraqi, the counselor and the chief of the supreme court in Iran during Pahlavi. The exact date of its construction is not clear, but experts estimate that it has been built since the end of the Qajar or early Pahlavi periods.
In 1334 SH, Fadhil Al Iraqi devoted a part of his mansion to a hospital and it was changed into a women's hospital with thirty five beds. He had allocated five beds to those who could not afford to pay. The tomb of Fadhil Al Iraqi is situated in the public area of Imamzadeh Abdullah in Shahr-e-Rey.
A few years ago, it was proposed to demolish Fadhil Al Iraqi’s mansion endowment to build a five-story hospital instead. Fortunately, the Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization of Iran did not allow the demolition and the building were changed into Justice Hospital.
Regarding the building type and its function, it is not allowed to visit all the mansions or taking some photos. However, it is possible to visit inside the building during visiting hours and to enjoy the beauty of its architecture. It should be said that there are a lot of changes inside the building.
Its exterior columns made a magnificent façade on this mansion and the central part of the building is the most developed part. The entrance door is made of glass. The inscriptions on the building are elegantly designed and each depicts an image of the ancient kings of Iran.
There is a border made of turquoise tile around the windows and doors that is really eye-catching. There is an inscription of prominent brick under the attic. This mansion has been registered in Iranian National Heritage in 1378 SH.